A history of Neston Church

Construction of St Philip and St James’ Church started in 1866, shortly after the adjacent school had opened. 

In 1985 a long-awaited scheme to adapt the building for modern needs was finally undertaken (records show that the scheme had first been formally discussed in 1972!), resulting in internal reordering to create a vestibule, kitchen and cloakroom, choir vestry, and a large upstair meeting room.