Corsham Churches Food-bank is a non profit making charity which relies on food donations to work, filling boxes which are then given to those who are referred to the Food-bank. Established in May 2011 it is supported by all the local churches, and run entirely by volunteers.
At the moment the Foodbank is particularly in need of long- life juice, squash and sugar. For the Christmas boxes this year they are asking for donations of tins or boxes of chocolates or luxury biscuits. Christmas box donations need to be in by Sunday November 29th please, either via the collection box at the back of St Bart’s or to St Aldhelm’s on a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday morning. With very many thanks for your generous support.
The items suggested below are specific in order to meet the needs for the food boxes. Sizes are approximate and reflect the fact that they cater for single people, couples and families
- Fruit Juice (long life carton, 1 litre)
- Breakfast cereal (small packets, 1kg packets, variety packs)
- Soup (tinned, 400g)Baked beans (tinned, 400g and 200g)
- Tomatoes (tinned, 400g and 200g)
- Tinned Vegetables (assorted, 400g and 200g)
- Instant Mashed potatoMeat (tinned, 400g and 200g)
- Fish (tinned, 100g)
- Fruit (tinned, 400g and 200g)
- Rice pudding (tinned)
- UHT milk (long life, 1 litre and 2 litre)
- Sponge pudding (tinned, 400g and 200g)
- Pasta (various, 500g)
- Cooking Sauces (tins or packets)
- Sugar (500g)
- Tea Bags (40s,80s,160s)
- Biscuits (large packet, small packet)
- Snack Bars (e.g. cereal bars)
- Chocolate bar (single bars or multipacks)
- Baby foods (tinned, jarred)
Donations can be left in the white and green collection bins which are in St Bart’s Church, Neston Church, Gastard Church, St Patrick’s Church, Corsham Baptist Church, St Aldhelm’s Church and Corsham Co-Op. They can also be delivered in person to the Foodbank’s base at St Aldhelm’s Church (Pickwick Road, Corsham) from 10am- 11.30am on Tuesdays or 10am-12noon on Saturdays.
If you have any questions or wish to volunteer for the Foodbank please phone 07788 115095.