To manage the fabric of St Bartholomew’s church, the surrounding churchyard, Church House and the other properties which are in the ownership of the PCC. To provide support to all those who volunteer their time and skills to ensure the smooth running of the church in order that the mission of the church in Corsham can be a welcoming and ordered environment for both the church family and the wider community to enjoy.
- Upkeep of St Bartholomew’s Church, Church House & other PCC owned properties
- Maintenance of the southern area of the Churchyard
- Administration of the Health & Safety policy
- Support to the Cleaning Teams
- Support to the Flower Arrangers
- Support to the Sacristy Team
- Support to the Church Watch Rota
What we do:
- Manage the upkeep of St. Bartholomew’s Church, Church House, Ladbrook Lane Chapel, and two residential properties;
- Arrange routine maintenance inspections as required by Diocesan and Statutory regulations;
- Maintain the churchyard in a tidy and safe condition in a manner that supports the established wildlife environment ;
- Manage the Health & Safety Policy for employees and volunteer helpers including the routine review of the policy and Risk Assessments
- Liaise with volunteer flower arrangers for the provision of flowers in the church for Sunday and other special Services (incl. weddings if requested);
- Liaise with the Cleaning Teams to dust, hoover and polish the woodwork and brass and generally keep the interior of the church looking smart.
- Support the work of the Sacristy team to ensure candles and the holy elements are available for all services.
- Support the organisation of a rota of people to welcome visitors to the church at weekends and on Bank Holidays during the summer months.
Who are we?
John Stott Group lead
Anthony Hall Churchyard
Richard Thackeray Heating and DAC Applications
John Stott Property Manager, The Tynings
L’nora Olney Property Manager, Lypiatt Road
Phyl Fry Verger & Church House
Nigel Millward Friends of St Bart’s liaison