Admin & Comms
- Create an Activities/Events catalogue
- Create a Document index
- Continue to look for communications weaknesses and gaps within the parish, seek or suggest action and provide support to overcome these.
- Continue existing support
Buildings & Grounds
- Continue the refurbishment of 7b Lypiatt Rd to bring the property back to an acceptable condition for our tenants.
- Improve access to the church by providing new pathways.
- Work with the Fundraising & Communications groups to promote the Restoration Appeal.
- Undertake a Fire Risk Assessment and progress actions which arise from it.
- Increase planned giving by 25%
- Communicate quarterly with congregation about what we’re doing and why
- Actively monitor and review Church’s income and expenditure
- Encourage and actively promote legacy giving
- Reclaim Gift Aid and other HMRC rebates on a regular basis
- Plan and co-ordinate fundraising events and activities to raise income for the Church Restoration Fund and general church funds to include annually Bishop John’s Plant Sale, Summer Fete, Teddy Bears Picnic, Autumn/Christmas Fair, Christmas Tree Festival as well as other events, concerts, quizzes, cake sales etc.
- Provide support and assistance for the management of the St Bart’s shop
- Liaise with the Buildings Bubble regarding restoration priorities and monies required.
- Provide support and advice to individuals undertaking fund raising projects
- Prepare and submit appeals to external Grant giving bodies and charities.
- Communicate at least quarterly with the congregation regarding restoration priorities, upcoming events and progress on fundraising and projects undertaken using funds raised.
Pastoral Care & Education
- To make the side-chapel into an area for quiet prayer
- To provide training for pastoral visitors and coordinate pastoral care more effectively
- To rearrange the parish/team day away during 2015
- To investigate the development of discipleship training in conjunction with the home group
- To continue to promote a child friendly church
- To continue to provide ideas to the Family Worship Group
- To promote an occasional Family and Breakfast church service
- To organise a visit for youngsters to an Activity Day at Bristol Cathedral
- To show a community viewing of The Miracle Maker ( Achieved)
- To continue to encourage a wider involvement of congregation in our children’s work
- Engage with the new clergy to consider new service patterns, format and content
- Devise special services for the year (including outreach) and review
- Improve marketing/promotion of regular and special services with the assistance of the Admin and Comms Bubble