Admin & Comms
- Continue to Support St Bart’s strategy and its associated activities with appropriate internal and external communication, technical and admin support
- Provide a Weekly Information Sheet containing readings, notices and key diary dates
- Maintain a Policy and Document index and a Media Contact list
- Lead the planning, preparation and implementation for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by 25 May 18 and following implementation act as Data Controller on behalf of the PCC.
- Review the Welcome Leaflet and update it as necessary by Jan 2019
- Continue to look for communications weaknesses and gaps within the parish, seek or suggest action and provide support to overcome these.
Buildings & Grounds
- Progress plans for improvements to the heating system within St Bartholomew’s – subject to DAC support;
- Deliver a fully refurbished and modernised kitchen facility within Church House – made possible by the award of a generous grant;
- Improve the welcoming presence of St Bartholomew’s – including the provision of a Welcome Board at the entrance and dedicated space for our wheelchair users.
- Improve access to the lectern by the provision of bespoke steps – made possible by the generosity of The Friends of St Bartholomew’s;
- Plan and deliver annual stewardship and pledge renewal and increase planned giving by 5%
- Actively apply for Grant Funding
- Reclaim Gift Aid and other HMRC rebates on a regular basis
- Encourage and actively promote legacy giving
- Communicate with congregation about what we’re doing and why
- Actively monitor and review Church’s income
- To promote and organise fundraising and social activities for the benefit of the Church and wider community.
- Activities in the year to include Plant Sale, Winter Market, Christmas Tree Festival and Harvest Supper.
- To work with Admin and Comms to produce an events catalogue.
Pastoral Care & Education
- Focus on positive reception, welcome, hospitality and friendship in and out of church and through wider activities that are open to everyone in the community
- Grow the home group through clergy input and support
- Hold a parish Awayday focussed on Bible study on 9 October 2018
- Grow the prayer life of the church through contemplative prayer and a regular prayer meeting after the Wednesday 10.00am Holy Communion service
- Encourage confirmation (next service is in November 2018)
- Contribute to the planning and start of a summer Holiday Club in the benefice area
- Share knowledge of the support and opportunities provided by St Bart’s, including working closely with our ecumenical partners
- Encourage all out-of-church activities and their part in outreach and sharing the values and offering of St Bart’s
- Offer help and support to those in need
- Donate to worthy charities in the Corsham area, including Foodbank, and the Christian mission at home and overseas
- Provide a quiet sanctuary for prayer and reflection in church (Lady Chapel)
- Review our activities for young people ( Early Birds, Young Barts, Brigade, Messy Church) and the recruitment of new leaders
- Organise two further Breakfast Services in the Town Hall/outside church during 2018
- Refresh the Children’s’ area in church
- Contribute/Organise a Festival of Youth Weekend or Day and seek to involve schools and youth clubs in this opportunity
- Encourage schools to visit and use the church
- Seek involvement in school assemblies and activities and share knowledge of the support and opportunities provided by St Bart’s
- Maintain an open, safe and inspiring church that is accessible to everyone in daylight hours
- Provide more attractive, well planned ‘standard’ family services
- Build on the excellent work done to revamp our baptism services
- Promote special services, such as Godparent Sunday in May 2018 and services to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 next year
- Hold a Pentecost ‘Songs of Praise’ ecumenical service in St Bart’s
- Provide training for intercessors and readers
- Review the revised evening service pattern after 5-6 months