The objectives for 2020-2021 have not been ratified as the Leadership Team has not met since the start of the pandemic; the 2019/2020 objectives therefore remain valid.
Admin & Comms
- Provide support for St Bart’s strategy and its associated activities with appropriate internal and external communication, technical and admin expertise.
- Provide a Weekly Information Sheet containing readings, notices and key diary dates.
- Provide suitable advertising to support the Fund-raising programme and other events.
- Maintain a Policy and Document Index, Events catalogue and a Media Contact list.
- Act as Data Controller and administrator for GDPR matters on behalf of the PCC. Maintain suitable documentation and auditable evidence.
- Continue to look for communications weaknesses and gaps within the parish, seek or suggest action and provide support to overcome these.
- Maintain the St Bart’s content on the Team website.
Buildings & Grounds
- Progress plans for improvements to the Heating system within St Bartholomew’s, subject to DAC permission.
- Provide a CCTV system within St Bartholomew’s for the protection of persons and property, subject to DAC permission.
- Progress the installation of energy efficient LED lighting within St Bartholomew’s.
- Continue the programme of improvements in the churchyard to provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- Progress the refurbishment of the toilet facilities within Church House.
- Increase planned giving by 5%
- Introduce new ways to give to the Church
- Communicate quarterly with congregation about what we’re doing and why
- Actively monitor and review Church’s income and expenditure
- Encourage and actively promote legacy giving
- Reclaim Gift Aid and other HMRC rebates on a regular basis
- To promote and organise fundraising and social activities for the benefit of the Church and the wider community.
- Activities in the year to include the Plant Sale, Winter Market and Christmas Tree Festival.
- Work with the Comms and Admin bubble to produce an events catalogue.
Pastoral Care & Education
- Focus on positive reception, welcome, hospitality and friendship in and out of church and through wider activities that are open to everyone in the community
- Grow the home group through clergy input and support
- Hold a parish Awayday focussed on Bible study in Spring 2019
- Grow the prayer life of the church through contemplative prayer and a regular prayer meeting after the Wednesday 10.00am Holy Communion Service
- Encourage confirmation
- Contribute to the planning and start of a Holiday Club in the benefice area
- Share knowledge of the support and opportunities provided by St Bart’s, including working closely with our ecumenical partners
- Encourage all out-of-church activities and their part in outreach and sharing the values and offering of St Bart’s
- Offer help and support to those in need
- Donate to worthy charities in the Corsham area, including the Foodbank, and to Christian mission at home and overseas
- Provide a quiet sanctuary for prayer and reflection in church (Lady Chapel)
- Maintain an open, safe and inspiring church that is accessible to everyone in daylight hours
- Provide more attractive, well planned family services, including revising and reprinting the existing family service leaflet
- Promote special services throughout the year
- Promote the revised evening service pattern
- Continue to recruit people to lead and support our worship
- To continue to promote a child friendly church.
- To continue to provide idea’s for Family type services.
- To continue to promote an occasional Family and Breakfast Services.
- To seek to bring the Church into the Community through youth activity.
- To continue to encourage interest in our work by the congregation of St Bart’s.